After School Club
Active recreation program that encourages health and wellness through physical activity and play. Children will also develop social skills, a positive self-image and a sense of community. The children go outside daily - please ensure each child dresses for the weather. A snack is provided for each child.
What do the kids do at the After School Club
- Exploratory learning using the physical environments of Winnequah Park
- Introduction of physical literacy development by trying out a variety of activities such as snowshoeing, ice skating, dance, yoga and traditional sporting activities.
- Enjoy arts & crafts and free play
|Aug 15||Sep 15||Oct 15||Nov 15||Dec 15|
|Jan 15||Feb 15||Mar 15||Apr 15||May 15|
- The After School Club begins, Tuesday, September 4th and runs Monday through Friday on days that school is regularly scheduled. Last day of the After School Club is Thursday, June 6th.
- Club runs immediately after the regular school day until 6:00 pm.
- Registration for the 2018-19 school year opens on February 15, 2018 at 9:00 am
- Registration is on a first come-first serve basis.
- Early registration is encouraged. Spots may be limited as the beginning of the school year approaches and after the school year has started.
- Regardless of whether you register online, in-person or over-the-phone, you also must complete an Emergency Information Packet for your child prior to the first day of the After School Club.
- All staff have experience in working with children, are CPR/First Aid certified and participate in regular training.
- Staff adheres to the 1:17 state licensing ratio
- Most of our staff have or are pursuing degrees in Recreation & Leisure studies, Education or other related fields.
- Children are picked up at Winnequah School at 2:45 p.m. and are escorted to the Monona Community Center by After School Club Staff.
- Once a child is signed in at the Community Center by staff, they must remain on site and in program until they are signed out by an authorized adult.
- If a child will be absent from after school club please e-mail: email@example.com or call/text 608-279-9105 or send a message over the app Brightwheel.
- If a child was absent from school they are not allowed to come to afterschool club (with the exception of religious holiday's, and early dismissal for appointments). We ask that parents communicate with the staff in this event.
If you want to transfer your child from one enrollment option to another enrollment option, you will need to communicate with the Monona Parks & Recreation office one month ahead of the planned transition. If there is a spot available, you will be transferred and your payment plan will reflect the new option. If no spots are available, you will be placed on the waitlist accordingly. Due to the high demand of our 3-day option, we will not allow any transfers that would require skipping others on the waitlist no matter the circumstance(s).
Withdrawal from Program Policy:
The Monona Parks & Recreation office requires a 15 day notice of cancellation in writing (e-mail, typed, or handwritten) stating their last day of attendance. The cancellation notice is required to stop automated payments. If the cancellation falls on or after the 15th of the month, you will be charged for the entire portion of that month and the remainder of the future payments will be cancelled after the fact. If you are canceling before the program has started, you will not be refunded the registration fee/deposit ($25), but your auto-payment plan will be cancelled.
Inclement Weather Policy:
If Monona Grove School District cancels school for the day or releases school early after school club will be cancelled.