After School Club
Active recreation program that encourages health and wellness through physical activity and play. Children will also develop social skills, a positive self-image and a sense of community. The children go outside daily - please ensure each child dresses for the weather. A snack is provided for each child.
What do the kids do at the After School Club
- Exploratory learning using the physical environments of Winnequah Park
- Introduction of physical literacy development by trying out a variety of activities such as snowshoeing, ice skating, dance, yoga and traditional sporting activities.
- Enjoy arts & crafts and free play
|Aug 15||Sep 15||Oct 15||Nov 15||Dec 15|
|Jan 15||Feb 15||Mar 15||Apr 15||May 15|
- Registration Information
- Staff Information
- Club Safety
- After School Pick Up
- Inclement Weather Policy
- The After School Club begins, Tuesday, September 5 and runs Monday through Friday on days that school is regularly scheduled. Last day of the After School Club is Thursday, June 6.
- Club runs immediately after the regular school day until 6:00 pm.
- Registration for the 2018-19 school year opens on February 15, 2018 at 9:00 am
- Registration is on a first come-first serve basis.
- Early registration is encouraged. Spots may be limited as the beginning of the school year approaches and after the school year has started.
- Regardless of whether you register online, in-person or over-the-phone, you also must complete an Emergency Information Packet for your child prior to the first day of the After School Club.
- All staff have experience in working with children, are CPR/First Aid certified and participate in regular training.
- Staff adheres to the 1:17 state licensing ratio
- Most of our staff have or are pursuing degrees in Recreation & Leisure studies, Education or other related fields.
- Safety is our #1 priority!
- All children are picked up at school and walked to the Monona Community Center by Parks & Rec staff.
- Children are supervised at all times and are not permitted to leave the program unless they are signed out by an authorized adult.
- Children are picked up at Winnequah School at 2:45 p.m. and are escorted to the Monona Community Center by After School Club Staff.
- Once a child is signed in at the Community Center by staff, they must remain on site and in program until they are signed out by an authorized adult.
- If a child does not attend the After School Club on a particular day, parents must notify Monona Parks & Recreation office before 1:00 p.m. so staff does not wait for the child after school.