Library Cards for Individuals in your Classroom
Planning a library visit? In order for students to check out materials to take home with them, they need their own library cards! You may arrange to receive library cards for a classroom or group through the following steps:
1. Teachers send an application for a library card home with students for parents to complete and return to the library at their convenience, at least one day before the class visit, to pick up their free library card. Parents must accompany children under the age of 14 in order to sign as the Guarantor on their account.
2. Teachers send library card application forms home with students to be completed by the parent or legal guardian. Invite parents to return them to the school office to be checked by school or organization staff. Each form must be checked for a parent/guardian signature and a current correct address. Return completed application forms to the library at least one week prior to the class visit so that library staff can process them for immediate use on the day of your visit. Library cards will be returned to the teacher for distribution to students.
Organizational Library Card
An Organizational Library Card allows your educational facility to check out library materials for use in your classrooms or organizations. Your organization is responsible for all materials checked out from the library by authorized staff.
The Organizational Library Card application can be filled out digitally here, or you can print out the application here and return a paper copy to the library.
Along with the application, interested organizations must submit a letter on your organization’s letterhead, signed by the director of your organization. Please include the following:
- Name and contact information for the director of your organization and their signature
- The number of library cards you are requesting
- An identifier we can put on each card (e.g. Room #, Toddler Room)
- The name of each staff person authorized to use each library card
Should a person leave your organization and no longer be authorized to use a library card, please contact the library at 608-222-6127 so that your library record can be updated.
If your library card is misplaced or lost, please call 608-222-6127 to report the missing card and obtain a new one.
For more information, contact the Youth Services Department at 608-216-7453 or email@example.com AND/OR Circulation Supervisor Amelia at 608-216-7454 or firstname.lastname@example.org