- 2nd Wednesday of each month
- 3:00 – 4:30 PM
- City Hall Conference Room
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas and Minutes
- Doug Wood, Alderperson Chair
- Patrick DePula, Alderperson
- Jake Anderson, Parks and Recreation Director
- Thom Evans, Citizen Member
- Tony Gomez-Phillips, Citizen Member
- Jeff Hinz, Citizen Member
- Pat Howell, Citizen Member
- Jennifer Kahl, Citizen Member
- Rachel Groman, Citizen Member
- Kelly Slack, Citizen Member
Responsibilities & Services
The Park and Recreation Board reviews and recommends policies to the City Council that are necessary for the management of city parks and recreation facilities. The board reviews and recommends programs that take into consideration, and attempt to provide for, the social, physical, and cultural well being of Monona residents. The board reviews and recommends to the Finance and Personnel Committee all budgetary, revenue and expenditure proposals relating to park and recreation facilities and programs.
It also reviews and recommends rules and regulations to the parks and recreation director that are necessary for the effective management of city parks, and recreation facilities and programs.
Finally, the board serves as Monona's tree keepers by reviewing and making recommendations regarding tree planting, maintenance, removal, and landscaping.
2021-26 Parks & Open Space Plan Notes