DOG PARK USERS
Edna Taylor Pkwy. Street Parking Change
Map: Existing on-street parking vs. proposed
Dogs on Leash
Licensed dogs are allowed in City of Monona parks, on leash, under owner control with some restrictions. Dogs are not allowed in playground areas, park shelters, beaches, or fenced athletic areas. Read the complete ordinance here.
Dog and cat licenses are available for purchase at Monona City Hall. Pets must be licensed every year. The license year begins in January, and a late fee is issued for pets not licensed by March 31 of each year. To purchase a dog or cat license, complete the application and return in person or by mail to City Hall, along with a copy of your pet's current rabies certificate and payment.
Monona Dog Park
Monona's one-acre off-leash dog park is located at 851 Femrite Drive (corner of Femrite Drive/Edna Taylor Parkway) next to the Public Works Garage.
- Users of this facility do so at their own risk. City of Monona is not liable for any damage or injury to humans or pets.
- Dogs must wear a current dog license tag. License tags can be purchased at City Hall.
- Dogs must remain on a leash until inside the gated park area.
- Poop and scoop is mandatory. All waste must be picked up and placed in designated receptacles.
- Aggressive dogs are not welcome. Female dogs in heat are not allowed in the park.
- The park is free to residents who have a current municipal dog license. Need a license? Download the application form.
Dane County Dog Park Permits
In addition to Monona's dog park, Dane County has more than a dozen parks throughout the county that welcome dogs. A separate dog park permit ($30 annually) in addition to your municipal license is required to use these facilities. These permits are available for purchase online or at a number of area retailers. All dog owners applying for a Dane County Dog Permit must first obtain a dog license from their local municipality. (You'll need your dog's municipal license tag number in order to purchase your Dane County dog park permit.) Monona dog licenses are available at City Hall (see above). Click on the brochure image to the right for complete information on Dane County dog park permits.