May 17, 2020
400 E. Broadway
Monona, WI 53716
Over the years, the Monona Farmers Market has established itself as an award winning market, last year proudly receiving Best of Madison Gold award. This year, the same quality of goods and services will be offered only in a different way. Approximately 24 returning market vendors will continue to offer top-quality fresh, local produce, meat, cheese, eggs, honey, baked goods, salsa, spices, popcorn, soaps and plants. At this first market you’ll find early season treats like cucumbers, a variety of tomatoes, spinach and other greens.
Monona Farmers' Market Opens for the Season!
Sunday, May 17, 2020
Due to restrictions and social distancing guidelines, the volunteer Monona Farmers Market Board developed an operational plan detailing how volunteer workers and vendors could safely conduct sales. The plan was approved by Public Health Madison and Dane (PHMDC) and the Monona City Council.
Products will be sold following the WI Safer-at-Home orders and UW Extension guidelines.
To make healthy, local food available to everyone, EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer) is available again this year. The Double Dollars Program, a farmers market incentive program will be available later in the season. The official start date will be announced when known.
- As the season begins, hours will be from 9:00 to 12:00 noon.
- There will be an entrance and an exit with hand washing stations for vendors and customers.
- Facemasks are required.
- Vendors will be spaced to allow customers to maintain safe distance from each other.
- Also to promote safe distancing, children will not be allowed, and only one person per group/family will be admitted.
- As always, pets are not allowed.
- To minimize shopping time and maximize safety there will be no picnic tables and no food sampling or eating at the market.
- Only vendors will touch products until sold.
- Watch for signs and volunteers to help with new practices.
If you are looking for volunteer opportunities, there are many at the market. To learn more or for general questions send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org. The market is located at Ahuska Park, 400E. Broadway. Parking is free. For weekly updates, check out the website, mononafarmersmarket.com or Monona Farmers Market on Facebook.