Stormwater Permits

Stormwater Utility Application

The stormwater utility application is a form used by the City to track impervious square footage data for properties in Monona.  It is necessary to fill this form out anytime the amount impervious space is changing on a given property due to the addition, subtraction, etc. of impervious surfaces on a property.  

Stormwater Utility Application Form

Erosion Control & Stormwater Management Permit

The erosion control & stormwater management permit needs to be filled out and sent in to the Public Works Project Manager for the City of Monona for each project that meets the following criteria:

  • Will disturb more than 4,000 square feet of soils.
  •   OR
  • Will disturb soil over the span of 125 or greater consecutive length feet.

One of several requirements of the permit is that the contractor, engineer, architect, or owner, must supply the City with a USLE DNR Soil Loss Calculator spreadsheet, which accurately depicts the standard best management practices, soil types, etc. being used on the construction site.

Erosion Control & Stormwater Management Permit

USLE Soil Loss Calculator