This page and its resources are devoted to decreasing transportation costs and overall transportation impact on the environment from consuming fossil fuels. Some questions to consider are:
- What strategies have you employed to encourage public or alternative transportation to your business by customers and employees?
- Do you have a ride-share or carpool program for your employees?
- Can your business utilize hybrid vehicles?
- Does your business purchase equipment and supplies from local vendors to cut down on distribution costs?
- Create a ride-share or carpool program for employees! Use Rideshare Etc to easily set up a group
- Designate a bike to work week. This type of event gets coworkers thinking about biking to work, even if they don't do it normally. Special prizes or treats can be rewards for employees who show up on their bike!
- Use a petroleum reducing planning tool to calculate the cost saving from alternative fuel usage
- Encourage employees to use public transportation
- Install bike racks near your facility for bike parking
- Tips for green fleet management include careful reporting and route management, fuel cards, and strategic vehicle purchases. Click here to learn more about effective fleet management
- Install a GPS tracking system in fleet vehicles to monitor vehicle usage, promote efficient routing and dispatching, and decrease idle time. Fleetmatics offers this type of service
- Utilize GreenerCars Rating System - search the class, make, model, and year of a vehicle to determine it's 'green score.' Useful for determining the efficiency of new and old vehicles; high green scores are around 60 points
- Sign your business up for Bicycle Benefits
Wisconsin Alternative fuel Tax Refund for Taxis - Reimbursements available for the amount of the Wisconsin state fuel tax for vehicles using alternative fuels. Must use a minimum of 100 gallons of alternative fuel to qualify