The One Community, Many Voices initiative captures the living history of Monona. This collection of oral histories gathers and shares the stories from all members of the community. Children, adults, seniors, business owners, teachers, veterans, and more. Everyone has a story to share. When they are all put together, they offer a perspective of the entire Monona community.
Mission Statement: "The Monona Public Library enriches lives by building community connections, fostering imagination, and opening up a world of ideas."
The Monona Public Library recognizes the following values:
- Passionately advocates for literacy and lifelong learning
- Provides free access to information and services for a diverse population through a variety of formats
- Supports, cultivates, and celebrates our staff
- Works every day to ensure trust, accountability, and privacy to our patrons
- Creates a welcoming environment for all that promotes and practices our commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity
The Monona Public Library is proud to provide a wide variety of materials, services, and programs for people of all ages.
We are members of the South Central Library System and are also a LINK member library which provides its members access to nearly 3 million items representing 790,000 different titles.
The Monona Public Library is operated by the City of Monona to serve its community and the residents of the South Central Library System (Dane, Columbia, Green, Portage, Adams, Sauk, and Wood Counties). Monona library cards are honored at all of the public libraries and bookmobiles in the South Central Library System and throughout most of Wisconsin.
Monona Public Library
1000 Nichols Road
Monona, WI 53716
BUILDING HOURS (Curbside pickup is available at these times):