Monona Library Group Library Cards
Application for Library Cards for a Group
Groups may arrange to receive library cards through the following steps:
1. Teachers send an application for a library card home with students for parents to complete and return to the library at their convenience, at least one day before the class visit, to pick up their free library card.
2. Teachers send library card application forms home with students to be completed by the parent or legal guardian. Invite parents to return them to the school office to be checked by school or organization staff. Each form must be checked for a parent/guardian signature and a current correct address. Return completed application forms to the library at least one week prior to the class visit so that library staff can process them for immediate use on the day of your visit.
Library cards will be returned to the teacher for distribution to students.
Institutional Library Card
An Institutional Library Card allows your educational facility to check out library materials for use in your classrooms. Your organization is responsible for all materials checked out from the library by authorized staff.
An Institutional Library Card may be requested by submitting a letter on your organization’s letterhead. Please include the following:
- Name and contact information for the director of your organization and their signature
- The number of library cards you are requesting
- An identifier we can put on each card (e.g. Room #, Toddler Room)
- The name of each staff person authorized to use each library card
Should a person leave your organization and no longer be authorized to use a library card, please contact the library at 608-222-6127 so that your library record can be updated.
If your library card is misplaced or lost, please call 608-222-6127 to report the missing card and obtain a new one.
For more information, contact the Youth Services Department at 608-216-7453.