News Flash

City News

Posted on: October 5, 2023

City Seeks Community Members to Serve on Committees


Service on a city board or committee is a good way to get involved in Monona. There are currently openings for citizen members on the Landmarks Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals, and Board of Review. Interested residents should complete the citizen committee application or call (608) 222-2525 to request a paper application. If you have submitted an application for any of these committees in the past three years, your application will be considered. If you have any concerns about how to use Parliamentary Procedure or other questions, please don't let them deter you. We're happy to help. 

For more information on each committee, please follow the links below.

Zoning Board of Appeals:  The city seeks applicants who are comfortable interpreting site and building plans. Critical thinkers and problem solvers with the ability to view applications objectively are encouraged to apply as well as those with a legal background. The ZBA meets on the 3rd Thursday of the month (as needed), with between 6-8 meetings expected per year. 

Landmarks Commission:  Those with backgrounds in architecture, history, architectural history, planning, archaeology, or other preservation related disciplines are encouraged to apply.

Board of Review:  Applicants should have a background in property appraisal or assessment, construction, realty or the law.

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in City News